Aloha! Thank goodness there are is ABC Store #57 in Hawaii! They have everything you can imagine. This is a fun-to-visit store stocked with everything and so much more. During your stay on the islands, make it a point to stop by and explore this favorite spot among locals and visitors. The story about how this mom-and-pop shop opened its doors in the 1930s and grew into one of the most recognizable brands in the tourism industry will inspire you. Check out their story on their beautiful website and learn how a husband and wife team, Sidney and Minnie Kosasa wanted to open a store that offered great customer service, convenience, and products at reasonable prices. Boy, oh boy did it work! Today, there are ABC Stores on every major island in Hawaii and beyond.
We visited the Kalakaua Avenue location – ABC Store #57 -and their reputation does not disappoint! It’s clean, well lit, and a shopper’s dream. Looking for a novelty souvenir? They have an amazing selection. Creative, unique items that will make your family and friends smile. For example, I picked up the coconut bikini top and a wooden ukulele for a close friend. They also carry a variety of graphic apparel, gift sets, colorful keychains, and plush items. It’s a colorful journey in each well-designed aisle. Did I mention the displays are eye-catching and enjoyable? Yes and thank you to their amazing team.
ABC Store #57 is the place to go if you’re a little on the hungry side and want a taste of Hawaii. They have nuts, chips, cookies, and fruit jellies, all packaged with a touch of the islands. Did you ever have Maui Style Shrimp Chips? We loved them and were happy they had a four-pack. They didn’t last long, they were very tasty. Are your taste buds hungry for something fruity? Then try the Dole Plantation Lychee Chewy Candy. It’s chewy, fruity, and full of Lychee, the tropical fruit that is a combination of sweet and tart. We recommend grabbing a few extras to share! We also really enjoyed the chocolate-covered pineapples. You can’t get more Hawaiian than that!
Take a look at the categories ABC Store #57 carry to get an idea of what to expect:
- Made in Hawaii: This category features products made with everything sourced in Hawaii. Coffee, tea, juices, chocolates, sunscreen, body lotions, jewelry and more.
- Hawaiian Apparel: This category showcases the whimsy and unique style of the islands and includes clothing for everyone in the family, face masks, flip-flops, bathing suit coverups, hats and hoodies.
- Aloha Jewelry: This is a beautiful line of jewelry inspired by Hawaii’s traditions. Beautiful flowers, sea turtles, fruit and foliage are artistically transformed into gorgeous jewelry. Great gift ideas!
- Island Home & Gifts: This category is all about getting something unique for you or for someone special. You’ll definitely find a special gift for folks who have everything. We’re talking tropical bamboo bottle openers, pineapple-shaped string lights, Hawaiian design ceramic mugs, bamboo straw sets, and aloha placemats.
- ABC Exclusive: This is a selection of unique items that you can only find at ABC Stores. Calendars featuring gorgeous island scenery, apparel, cologne, jewelry, specialty snacks, and other items that make wonderful gifts and souvenirs.
ABC Store #57 is much more than a place to shop, which when you get there you will agree. It is full of everything in Hawaii and the customer service is excellent. It’s a destination, all infused with a special touch of Aloha Spirit!
Check out these other ABC Stores on the islands of Kauai.
ABC Store #57 features exclusive daily online offers, freebies, and gifts with purchase promotions. We suggest going online before visiting the store to see what deals of the day they are offering. You may want to shop online and in the store for the best prices.